Today, the first elements of the Contributor System have been implemented to our WarCry: Sosaria server.
At the beginning of October, we started working on a new mechanism for Donors who will decide to support our project with their donation every month. We called it the System of Contributors (Supporters) – hereinafter referred to as SC.
As time passes, we want to move away from the current donation model (as exemplified by the inclusion of sovereigns – as rewards in the Achievement System at the UO shard) in favor of a wider crowdfunding model. We count on your favor and understanding for the need to have secured funds to ensure the maintenance of our – after all – common initiative. We count on your favor and understanding, because similar solutions are more and more often found – as part of various projects – all over the world. Suffice it to add that currently almost every project regarding mass online gameplay – is based on various stages of development – on crowdfunding.
Ultimately, our goal is that people who join this idea and take their account on the UO shard with SC status, will be able to use the numerous amenities previously unavailable on WarCry or MoonGate.
Today we have implemented the first SC package in which:
- you will be able to indicate one or more accounts you own to SC (each reported account require a separate donation);
- accounts covered by SC will not be subject to the account limits of a given Player (thus the Player will be allowed to have more than 2 accounts);
- each person who joins this model of our support will receive a special tag (Supporter) on Discord and access to an additional closed channel – dedicated to Supporter.
- a special Contributor Sash with the Blessed status will go to each of the accounts reported to the SC – to the one character indicated by you. It will contain 5 chosen by you skill bonuses (10 points each skill) and additional attributes Night Sight, Lower Reagent Costs at 100 %, Luck at 500, Mana Increase at 8, Mana Regeneration at 3, Hit Point Regeneration at 2 and Physical resist at 20%. Sash saturated it will be valid for 30 days from the moment of its first use (it will show you the timer) and then it will be renewed as long as you maintain the SC status on the account on which you have it (below are three photos of an exemplary Sash, whose parameters may – over time – improve);
- Characters from SC accounts will get an additional chance for a extra ability gain point in case of gain . Therefore, if the character had skill 50.2 and would gain +0.1, he will receive an additional chance for a simultaneous, bonus gain +0.1 (so a total gain +0.2 points). The bonus gain will be available regardless of the current level of the skill being trained, but at higher skill levels the chance for it will be slightly lower;
- additionally, for each account submitted to SC – every month, 100 Sovereigns will be given for a decor and other awards or to be used in planned auctions of interesting items in the game, etc.
The Supporter’s benefits mentioned above will be gradually extended. The funds obtained in this way will be used to maintain the infrastructure made available to you (server, server software, website, hosting, domains, graphics licences etc.).
At the moment, we have set the equivalent of a single account entry to SC at PLN 20 per month (payment via our Crowdfunding Module). We wanted this rate to be fair – in terms of benefits – and not drain too much of anyone’s pocket.
Any comments on the proposed SC model and possible ideas for bonuses can be directed to the Suggestions channel of our Discord.
In addition, as of today, the following changes have been implemented on the server:
- Increased the number of Power Scrolls drop from Champion by one;
- Adds two new deco mail boxes (Dolphin and Scarecrow) to UOStore module;
- Pumpkins you wish to carve must now be in your backpack.