I am happy to inform you friends about the implementation that we have started today on our shard of the new large extension – Forgotten Treasures. This extension can also be – successfully – called the Treasure Map Update, because it turns the mechanics and shell of treasure hunting upside down.
So what does the new addition bring?
Treasure Map Update
Remove Trap & Treasure Chest Locks & Traps
Remove Trap Use
- Detecting Hidden & Lockpicking are no longer pre-requisites for Remove Trap.
- Remove Trap will no longer reveal a hidden player upon activation, however other systems that would otherwise reveal a hidden player will continue to do so.
Remove Trap Training
- Remove Trap can be trained on trapped containers, treasures chests, and via remove trap puzzle training boxes.
- Kits are available for purchase from the Oddities Trader at the Lycaeum.
- Circuit Trap
- Use the directional controls to complete the circuit.
- The size of the grid will increase as Remove Trap skill increases.
- Cylinder Trap
- Correctly choose the sequence of cylinders.
- Less hints will be given as Remove Trap skill increases.
- Slider Trap
- Correctly align the pieces to complete the image
- Longer failure timeouts as you complete the puzzle as Remove Trap skill increases.
Treasure Chest Locks & Traps
- All treasure chests are locked and trapped.
- Failure to unlock a treasure chest no longer destroys items and instead spawns a Grubber.
- Stash (1), Supply (2), and Cache (3) Treasure Chests,
- Can be unlocked using Lockpicking or Magic Unlock, depending on skill
- Are trapped with a monster trap that must be disarmed prior to
- Hoard (4) and Trove (5) Treasure Chests,
- Must be unlocked using the Lockpicking Skill.
- The Remove Trap loop for all level Treasure Chests has been redesigned as follows,
- When a player tries to open a chest that is trapped, they will receive a message to use the Remove Trap skill. The chest cannot be opened until the trap is removed, and Telekinesis will no longer trigger the trap.
- The disarming process will begin when a player uses Remove Trap on the chest.
- During the disarming process Ancient Chest Guardians, chosen from the monsters that can spawn during the initial dig, will spawn to defend the chest. These monsters will not drop any loot.
- These monsters must be defeated before the chest can be opened.
- The length of this process is variable based on the player’s Remove Trap skill, with higher Remove Trap skill requiring less disarming time.
- If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted.
Treasure Map Levels & Availability
- The number of levels of treasure maps has been reduced from 7 to 5 where,
|Current Level||Current Name||New Level||New Name|
- In addition, treasure chests have now been themed based on the following profession inspired packages,
- Mage, Assassin, Warrior, Artisan, Ranger
- This results in a map that will read like this “A Tattered Treasures Map Leading to a Mage’s Hoard”
- Newly created maps will have their level set based on the new conventions.
- No changes have been made to which creatures drop which maps. If a creature previously dropped certain level maps, the maps will now be converted to the new convention as they drop. This does not mean loot has been scaled down, read more about how loot has been redistributed in the loot section.
- Existing maps will be converted to the new level conventions and have a package randomly assigned.
- Cartography skill required to decode a map at a given level has been re-balanced to work with the new levels.
- Mining is no longer required to gain a bonus to dig radius, instead this bonus is now based on Cartography skill.
- Maps held in a Davies Locker will be converted to the new level conventions and have a package randomly assigned. This does not apply to maps that have been completed.
- Treasure Maps have been added to the Valley of Eodon. Creatures will drop a map based on their overall difficulty. Generally – the more difficult the creature, the higher the level of map that will drop.
Treasure Guardians & Encounter Difficulty
- Treasure Maps that lead to a Stash, Supply, or Cache have been balanced for solo encounters while Hoards and Troves are more geared towards group encounters.
- Treasure Map Guardian creatures have been redistributed where,
- Level 1 -> Level 1
- Level 2 & Level 3 -> Level 2
- Level 4 & Level 5 -> Level 3
- Level 6 -> Level 4
- Level 7 -> Level 5
Treasure Chest Loot
- Existing and new loot is available in Treasure Chest loot based on Facet & Package. This will allow players to target specific items they are looking for in chests they know will have a chance to contain those items.
- There are 4 factors that influence what items end up in a chest if successful random rolls are made, Map Level, Profession Package, Chest Quality, and Facet.
- Map Level is determined when a map is created based on where the map is obtained.
- Profession Package is randomly assigned when a map is created.
- Chest Quality is determined at dig time based on the digger’s modified cartography skill.
- Chests come in three qualities represented visually by a rusty chest, a metal chest, and a gold chest.
- Chest quality can impact chest loot in a variety of ways including the quantity of a specific loot item, the range of bonuses, the type of crafting materials, and the intensity of randomly generated magic equipment.
- Facet is based on which facet the Treasure Map is located.
- Chests have a chance to contain the following loot items based on level, package, and facet,
- Gold & Gems in newly drawn gold & gem bags (all packages, all levels)
- Randomly Generated Equipment (all packages, all levels)
- The types of equipment are based on the package and facet which corresponds to the profession who might use the equipment and the facet based on when the item was released in the game. For example, if you are looking for a dagger you may look at Assassin maps in Trammel or if you are after a Repeating Crossbow you would look at Ranger maps in Malas.
- The quantity of randomly generated magic equipment has been reduced and the intensity has been increased.
- The quantity of items available is based on the level of chest, there is a chance for additional items based on party size.
- Luck factors into magical property generation as it does currently.
- New Equipment (Cache and above)
- Human/Elf and Gargish Skull Longsword
- Human/Elf and Gargish Skull Gnarled Staff
- Human/Elf and Gargish Octopus Necklace
- Found as imbuable in Artisan Chests, randomly generated magical properties in all other chests.
- Reagents in a newly drawn reagent bag (Mage Stash)
- Type based on facet
- Treasure Maps (All packages, up to Hoard)
- +1 over the current level of map
- Refinements (Artisan Stash)
- Minor Artifacts (All packages, Supply)
- Legacy Minor artifacts & Pub 67 Artifacts
- Legendary Cartography Glasses (+1-5 Cartography)
- Scrolls of Alacrity (All packages, Supply and above)
- Skill is based on package and facet
- Special Crafting Materials (Artisan, Supply)
- Essences, Mondain’s Legacy Ingredients available based on facet
- Recipe Scrolls (Artisan Supply & Cache)
- Legacy recipe scrolls
- Powerscrolls (Felucca Only, All packages except Artisan, Cache and above)
- Skill is based on package and level is based on chest quality up to +10
- Decorative Items (All packages when available, Cache and above)
- Legacy & New Decorative Items based on package and facet
- New: Hourglass Table, Decorative Ancient Weapons
- Utility Items (Assassin, Artisan, and Ranger Supply)
- Legacy & New Utility Items based on package
- New: Shield Engraving Tool
- Scrolls of Transcendence (All packages, Stash, Hoard & Trove)
- Skill & value based on package and facet
- Crafting Materials (Artisan Stash & Supply)
- Wood, Metal, or Leather
In addition, further additions to the currently implemented Advanced Crafting system and other patches listed below have been added to the server:
- the horse breeding mechanism was implemented on shard – an element of the craft addition. Soon, rare horse breeds with unique colors and statistics will be appearing in the game world – possible to tame. What’s more, over time, crossbreeds of horse breeds will also appear on the server, because in nature they will be able to breed. To limit the excessive growth of each species in the game world, these horses will be subject to the age mechanism.
- encoding for the Secret Chest, and Singing Balls has been implemented – you find it in the Store module;
- Wild Cu will no longer have poisoning abilities;
- using potions to protect players’ hives will no longer delete all potions of the type used from the character’s squad, but only one piece per use.
- a 3-second time interval was implemented between the use of subsequent explosive mixtures;
- damage dealt under WildFire will no longer stack in the same locations if it came from one caster.
UPDATE – 13.03.2020 :
- Trammel and Malas treasure maps no longer fall under the Forgotten Treasures system;
- using weapon specialization will now expire Injection Strike;
- processing piles of items will now reduce the amount of skills acquired – according to EA;
- fixed an issue where items were invisible to players in the Castle courtyard;
- appropriate area effects have been added to Fire Beetle;
- exploding potion throwers will now take damage if they are in range – according to EA.
UPDATE – 14.03.2020 :
- increases Spinning Wheel timer to 6s;
- attacking pets now use active speed when combatant is not a player, per EA;
- fixed name issue for certain CUB pigments;
- fixed issue where only young players could use stash treasure maps;
- blackthorn invasion creatures will no longer be able to swim (water elementals).
- adjusted Frenzied Whirlwind min damage, it will not hit any enemy within 2 tiles;
- thiefs now train remove trap;
- training remove trap no longer requires lockpicking and detect hidden;
- Death Ray can no longer be stacked on single targets.
UPDATE – 15.03.2020 :
- treasure Maps now only spawn 1 ancient guardian at a time during remove trap;
- Players can now cast spells while digging up chest;
- removed skill wait time if chest is out of range;
- Nether Blast mana rip no longer works if target has no mana;
- Orc Brute exploit part of code was modified.